iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Hard Disk Players > Cowon A2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2006, 13:08   #31
egaille

pilsnernils: would you just try to mirror and plug another drive to the A2 then turn it on?
Last night, i have had a big idea on how to plug a 60Gb in the A2
egaille is offline View egaille's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-20-2006, 14:52   #32
eric3a

egaille: Your point well taken. Perso I still travel with a notebook where I can download my movies/videos from my home server to, so even though I travel tons too, 30gb works for me.

You may just want to invest in an USB external drive though. The A2 should be able to read it.

But please tell me you're not going to spend your time in Japan watching the A2?

Have fun over there. It's a cool place to visit.
Eric
eric3a is offline View eric3a's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 22:45   #33
blithevincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaille
you know...
i think you're right. But you don't use your hardware the same way i'm using it...

You see: i will go to japan for 3 weeks. 3 Weeks with people watching movies in Japanese, speaking japanese, listening music in Japanese. Do you think 20 movies will be okay for me, with 2x17 travelling hours in a Boeing 747 and 3 weeks over there alone?

Indeed. I have about 40Gb of mp3 music. Some of my ripped CDs, some old LPs that i have converted and some shit downloaded over internet (because i can't buy ALL the music). Okay, i only care 10Gb with me... space remaining? 10Gb...

So for me, a 60Gb or 80Gb Cowon A2 makes the big difference.

well, in that situation, I strongly suggest that you carry a 200GB external hard disk with you. :bigsmile:
have a good time in japan, cheers
blithevincent is offline View blithevincent's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 22:49   #34
blithevincent

Hi eric, how's your visit to v43 forum?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:09   #35
pilsnernils

As someone was clever enough to add, the harddrives do look different, unfortunately. My harddrive does not seem to fit any connectors at all. However, I'm looking for the correct drive as we speak, but having a hard time finding it. If I do I'll replace my harddrive immediately. Thanks guys for all the great images of opening the case, really good job there.
pilsnernils is offline View pilsnernils's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46   #36
eric3a

Quote:
Hi eric, how's your visit to v43 forum?
Hi there;
Informative I would say!.
For the moment seems like the i43 isn't mature enough for what I want and the price, but this could change soon enough as it is a nice machine generating lots of interest.
Eric
Old 02-22-2006, 16:59   #37
egaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsnernils
As someone was clever enough to add, the harddrives do look different, unfortunately. My harddrive does not seem to fit any connectors at all. However, I'm looking for the correct drive as we speak, but having a hard time finding it. If I do I'll replace my harddrive immediately. Thanks guys for all the great images of opening the case, really good job there.
That's cool. Please do it
I would really like to see if replacing the drive for a larger one (>30gb) works or not...
Old 02-22-2006, 17:04   #38
fracer
Ipod Haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blithevincent
well, in that situation, I strongly suggest that you carry a 200GB external hard disk with you. :bigsmile:
have a good time in japan, cheers

Funny you say that, I am actually saving every penny I can get my hands on to get one of these babies in about 6 months:

It costs a whopping $1,869.00 (2 TB Drive) , but considering my data is worth over $15,000+, I think its quite a smart investment....and IMO egaille proly needs something similar to this baby....isnt it sexy ? :winker:
Old 02-22-2006, 17:08   #39
egaille

$1869 !!!
Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Well. That's the price for 4x500Mb drives... And what's the weigth?
Is it serving files, or is it just a drive?
Old 02-22-2006, 17:27   #40
Konechiwa
used to be #1 poster

2,000 Gigabytes...why do you need THAT much?!
Old 02-22-2006, 17:59   #41
eric3a

Yep... I'm looking at these things too.
You NEVER have enough HD space. That's a simple universal constant.

I'll probably start smaller though, around the 1TB but expand as HD costs continue to drop.
1TB + the 800GB I already have will HAVE to do ;D
Eric
Old 02-22-2006, 23:03   #42
blithevincent

the 2TB drive looks cool, how is the size of it? But the ridiculus price is putting me off.
Old 02-23-2006, 14:37   #43
dfkt

LaCie are generally considered as not very reliable.. there are better TB+ storage solutions out there, IMO... I know the LaCie's are shiny/lovely, like them there Apple(tm)-crates, but valuable data deserves better than just the nicest looking case. :winker:
dfkt is offline View dfkt's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53   #44
adamvereduk

hey guys this is all great stuff!!! ive had a thought though!!!

it seems without removing the black rubber that surrounds the 20/30 GB drive that comes with the A2, a 60GB+ does not fit !!!

this is an obstacle but try thinking outside of the box. my solution, well not a solution but its something is either try a 40GB drive and if that fails, take a note of the model number of the drive inside the A2 and then buy another. This gives you 2x 20GB or 2x 30GB or 1 and 1 etc. When one gets full simply replace with the other. I know it is very long winded having to open and close, reopen and reclose the case but unless u buy an external HD normall 2.5" you have no other sotrage option. using multiple HDs means you get more storage PLUS faster loading times. remember 40GB on a 60 will take longer than 20GB on a 20GB. so if 30GB is the largest the A2 can take, seems like if we want to use COWON we will have to use multiple drives. i am buying an iaudio in the next week i already have an iriver h340 that uses the toshiba MK series of 1.8" drives. its 40Gb. ill see if it can fit and if so ill report back
adamvereduk is offline View adamvereduk's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 14:26   #45
bloodycape

http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9439
bloodycape is offline View bloodycape's Photo Album   Reply With Quote