iAudiophile.net Forums


Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon J3 > J3 UCI Themes & Stuff

Post New Thread  Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48   #316
JSWolf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
Default

I am in the Northeast USA and http://kizune.x10.mx/ loads noticeably faster for me.
JSWolf is offline View JSWolf's Photo Album  
Thanks from:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2012, 10:51   #317
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"
 
zen-kizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am in the Northeast USA and http://kizune.x10.mx/ loads noticeably faster for me.
Oh, that's suprising.

... hmm, actually not quite, I just noticed that all previous posters (lupu, Isnogud, gr-e) come from Europe. I suppose bplaced only has European servers whereas x10 has servers in the US... looks like I'll have to use both providers for my projects.
__________________
My setup: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 + Audio Technica ATH-M50 & Shure SE215

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr

Last edited by zen-kizu; 03-26-2012 at 10:59..
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55   #318
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"
 
zen-kizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr-e View Post
I understand that it can be changed by themes, but why you made tray and menubar icons so big?
Cheetah's main targets are among others good usability - and the icons in my previous UCIs were definitely too small. I didn't notice that until I directly compared Lynx with webOS, which is usability-wise the best mobile OS ever. I noticed its icons are a lot larger and for Cheetah XT I created similar-sized icons - I love it.
Feel free to compare Cheetah XT and Lynx - it should be possible to have both installed.
__________________
My setup: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 + Audio Technica ATH-M50 & Shure SE215

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr

Last edited by zen-kizu; 03-26-2012 at 11:00..
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55   #319
gr-e
Member
 
gr-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia, Rostov-on-Don
Posts: 104
Default

Sorry for double post.
Lynx icons looks better for me on small screen of j3 =)

Last edited by gr-e; 03-26-2012 at 10:59..
gr-e is offline View gr-e's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03   #320
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance
 
Enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 979
Default

hey kizune, just wondering if it would be possible to implement something similar to the volume popup circle i saw on one of your vids, but using it for the track position in the media player.

horizontal straight bar's are too small and fiddly, a circle would provide much better accuracy\usability due to the longer bar, as well as looking good.
perhaps as an overlay or similar on top of the album art square?
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:06   #321
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"
 
zen-kizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzyme View Post
horizontal straight bar's are too small and fiddly, a circle would provide much better accuracy\usability due to the longer bar, as well as looking good.
perhaps as an overlay or similar on top of the album art square?
Sounds like a good idea.

I just wonder, do you mean a circle with direct seeking, or a circle with a volume-popup-like gesture? Since Cheetah's music UI will have both a circle and the regular seek bar, I'd implement the latter, but if you'd like it different, let me know.
__________________
My setup: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 + Audio Technica ATH-M50 & Shure SE215

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:16   #322
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"
 
zen-kizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr-e View Post
Lynx icons looks better for me on small screen of j3 =)
It's unfortunate that you think so, but I hope you'll find someone who changes the default theme for you.

I just compared Lynx and Cheetah once again... I knew the icons in Lynx were small, but now they look tiny to me!
(Additionally, I found major usability-flaws in Lynx)
__________________
My setup: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 + Audio Technica ATH-M50 & Shure SE215

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36   #323
lupu_de_balta
Wolf_of_water
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Campulung, Arges, Romania
Posts: 336
Send a message via Yahoo to lupu_de_balta
Default

now i am really curious,what flaws could be there in lynx?... until now, i really thought that lynx was perfect. really...

i am really beggining to think that you are so much of a perfectionist!...

back to the track, i think that a little bigger icons, would be a good thing. the other thing, with the seek bar, i just think that with it, it could hide some of my beautifull covers. that if i didn't get the ideea wrong.

a little thing, would be a little something on the browser. i don't know, a little more customizability, if it is not too much work. i mean that leaf, was great, but a little more custom izabilty, woud be even greater...

keep up the good work!
__________________
My name, is translated wolf_of_water, because
lupu=wolf
de=of
balta=water.
lupu_de_balta is offline View lupu_de_balta's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43   #324
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance
 
Enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
I just wonder, do you mean a circle with direct seeking, or a circle with a volume-popup-like gesture? Since Cheetah's music UI will have both a circle and the regular seek bar, I'd implement the latter, but if you'd like it different, let me know.
the main idea was direct seeking, although i imagine the popup could prove usefull, on the mainscreen especially.

i know it's a bit non standard but it would work so much nicer.
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:44   #325
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"
 
zen-kizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupu_de_balta View Post
now i am really curious,what flaws could be there in lynx?... until now, i really thought that lynx was perfect. really...

i am really beggining to think that you are so much of a perfectionist!...
For example, I forgot that the menubar in Lynx was slideable and thus it took 5 minutes for me to find a way to go back to Cheetah XT. (And I only remembered that it was slideable because I slided it by accident)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupu_de_balta View Post
the other thing, with the seek bar, i just think that with it, it could hide some of my beautifull covers. that if i didn't get the ideea wrong.
The circle progress bar will only be shown if you activate it, otherwise the album cover is fully visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupu_de_balta View Post
a little thing, would be a little something on the browser. i don't know, a little more customizability, if it is not too much work. i mean that leaf, was great, but a little more custom izabilty, woud be even greater...
Being able to configure the text scroller, setting a home folder, defining if scrolling is continuous or not, defining if one or two taps are necessary to open a file/folder, changing the friction, acceleration and bounce area friction, changing the selection bar color, changing the number of items in the visible viewport, enabling/disabling icons before items, hiding the file extension, hiding the folder brackets, defining a color for folders, changing the scrollbar style and doing other things is not enough? Are you serious??
__________________
My setup: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 + Audio Technica ATH-M50 & Shure SE215

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 15:27   #326
WAI
VIP Member
 
WAI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United States, Alabama
Posts: 4,946
Send a message via MSN to WAI Send a message via Yahoo to WAI
Default

so how's the Car Mode coming? any preview so we can give suggestions before you decide to release?
__________________
My Thread
D2 Theme/Flash Skin Packs, FAQ, and Tools
S9 UCI's, FAQ, and Tools
+ READ the Disclaimer Notice.Thanks!
Link to All COWON Products includes: Firmware/Manuals/logos (Unable to access them without Login)
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter
WAI is offline View WAI's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 15:42   #327
lupu_de_balta
Wolf_of_water
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Campulung, Arges, Romania
Posts: 336
Send a message via Yahoo to lupu_de_balta
Default

Quote:
Being able to configure the text scroller, setting a home folder, defining if scrolling is continuous or not, defining if one or two taps are necessary to open a file/folder, changing the friction, acceleration and bounce area friction, changing the selection bar color, changing the number of items in the visible viewport, enabling/disabling icons before items, hiding the file extension, hiding the folder brackets, defining a color for folders, changing the scrollbar style and doing other things is not enough? Are you serious??
about this. i seem to not be able to use this features. i don't really know how to use them. i mean, that i never seem to get a perfect balance, because of the thing, that between variables is a low value, and they change a little, and between the max and min value, there is too much of a difference. to be straight, i think that there could be better, if i would really know what all of these means. really, i don't know how to make the list go faster, or slower.


about your lynx, that slidebar, is pretty hard to use, but not so much the slide, as it was pretty hard to rise it up. i think that as i got bigger fingers, i missused the gesture.

anyway, sorry, i don't mean to say that leaf is incomplete in any way, but i never understood how to use it's customs. really,... what is friction, acceleration, bounce area friction... i don't know what they are supposed to do....
__________________
My name, is translated wolf_of_water, because
lupu=wolf
de=of
balta=water.
lupu_de_balta is offline View lupu_de_balta's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 16:22   #328
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance
 
Enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
The circle progress bar will only be shown if you activate it, otherwise the album cover is fully visible.
Quote:
it could hide some of my beautifull covers. that if i didn't get the ideea wrong.
well it could be as simple as a thin line or shadow with some tracking node on it,, or just a small tracking node with hidden circle (until pressed), or just nice n sleek like the volume one i saw but with the album art as a background

i'd personally prefer it as always visible as i track times a lot, more than most i guess, as i often sample certain tracks or compare edit's.
and at least no more than one touch away from activating (album art tap to function or replacement screen would be wonderfull).
i never really used the album art play\pause, finger naturally goes to the play\pause button.


Quote:
i mean, that i never seem to get a perfect balance, because of the thing, that between variables is a low value, and they change a little, and between the max and min value, there is too much of a difference.
friction=how quickly the scroll speed decreases to a standstill over time.

acceleration= how much the scroll speed increases over time once activated.

bounce area friction=(once the end of the list has been reached) how quickly the list returns to a neutral position (top\bottom item).

Last edited by Enzyme; 03-26-2012 at 16:35..
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album  
Thanks from:
Old 03-26-2012, 16:28   #329
Izeekio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8
Default

OK. So I deleted my old J3 stuff and copy+pasted the new stuff. I can't get into the regular settings or the music browser. If I click on the two buttons they don't do anything. Did I delete something?
Izeekio is offline View Izeekio's Photo Album  
Old 03-26-2012, 17:10   #330
checkmate134
Senior Member
 
checkmate134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 279
Default

It's in a pre-release state, as Kizu has mentioned many times before, so many features are currently missing. This includes your browser and settings (though you can access your music UI, and thus you should also be able to access your browser)

Anyways, the first time I copied your newest build, I got the same zooming in while scrolling bug again. However, after recopying it, the problem fixed itself. Its happened two times now, and both times reinstalling has fixed the issue. Any ideas as to what's happening, Kizu?
checkmate134 is offline View checkmate134's Photo Album  
Thanks from:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Copyright © 2006-2014 CrowdGather |  About iAudiophile |  Advertisers | Investors | Legal | Contact