iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Themes, Tweaks And Anything Flash

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2009, 10:06   #1
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

Default Cowon D2/D2+ Themes Tweaks and Anything Flash Sub Forum Instruction Guide

Cowon D2/D2+ Themes Tweaks and Anything Flash Sub Forum Instruction Guide
This Thread contains only instructions on How to tweak and Mod your Cowon D2 based upon the Knowledge of others.

General Description of the guide:
  • Technical suggestions and instructions on how to tweak and mod your cowon D2/D2+ gathered from the forum community experts threads.
  • "How to" make a dictionary, maps, convert themes, startup logos, instructions.
  • Useful flash widgets for upgrading your D2/D2+.
  • User created maps- what countries are available, what maps are there and where to find them- Index.
  • User created 'non flash themes'- what themes are available and where to find them- catalog.
  • Links to downloadable tools, widgets, guiding threads.
  • Updated to 08 of August 2009.
  • Preview pictures of widgets and tools.
  • Full index on every chapter of all the included topics.
  • The 'Tcctool' technical problem solver guide.
  • How to log on to naver caf instructions.
  • What firmwares are available and for what models.
  • music management with mediamonkey.
  • D2+ questions Answered.
  • To download the 'D2/D2+ Themes, Tweaks and Anything Flash' Forum GuideVolume I (PDF version) press Here. [For the DOCX version press Here].
  • To download the 'D2/D2+ Themes, Tweaks and Anything Flash' Forum GuideVolume II (PDF version) press Here .
  • To download the 'Finished Flash maps Thread' Index only, press Here.
Some of the content of the PDF guide is posted in the following two posts. Be advised though, the PDF includes many things not posted here (the guide Includes over 200 pages in two volumes) due to posting restraints. Data current to 08/8/2009.

Volume I contains: Instructions, Explanations, Recommendations, and suggestions with downloading links and pictures.

Volume II contains: "Themes, Flash Skins, Flash Skins Loaders and Cassini's website design works" catalogs.

How to use: in 'adobe acrobat reader', on the left panel, open the BookMark menu to get quick 'Go To'.

In the guide itself, use the yellow markings to jump to a specific topic. Point the blue markings to go to a Thread/downloading web page.

In order for the web link in the guides to work you must have your internet explorer on (Microsoft internet explorer version 7&8 tested with success, Maxton browser failed, dont know about opera and Firefox).

Important

Please be advised, whatever you decide to do, you do it at your own risk.The author of this guide, along with the original authors of the information/themes/applications/instructions youll find here, cannot be held liable for any consequence which might result from following the guide suggestions.This guide and its content have no connection, non what so ever, to COWON Systems Inc. and iAudiophile.

Last edited by GTStriker; 08-07-2009 at 20:20.. Reason: Sub Forum Guide- Volume I update 08/8/09
GTStriker is offline View GTStriker's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2009, 10:22   #2
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

Default Cowon D2 Tweak and Mod Instruction Guide

Cowon D2 Tweak and Mod Instruction Guide

Index

1) Themes and flash skins:

A) [How To] Install Themes and Flash Skins (FAQ).

B) Simple Flash Skin Loader.

C) New method to make a theme or to transcribe a theme for another firmware.

D) Non-flash Interface Images List.

2) Startup logo:

A) How to install a startup logo.

B) How to create a startup logo.

3) Unofficial Cowon Dictionary.

4) Making Flash Maps.

A) How to use flash maps.

B) How to download Google Maps.

C) Map viewer.

5) Cowon D2 Font Patch Firmware.

6) Creating Cowon D2 Fonts

7) D2+ Firmware on a D2.

8) The Naver Caf Cowon D2 Korean fan site.

9) User Created Interface Flash Skins:

A) Ultimate.

B) Haptic.

C) UCI Selector Light.

1) Themes and flash skins

A) [How To] Install Themes and Flash Skins (FAQ)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge

This is a tutorial for installing Themes and Flash Skins in a simple FAQ form.

Q: What is a Theme?

A: A Theme is a user-created file which changes all the icons of the D2. You can find finished Themes and screenshots of what they look like in the thread 'Only finished Themes - no other posts please'. A Theme is actually a modified portion of the firmware you are using.

Q: What is a Flash Skin?

A: A Flash Skin is a user-created file which changes the appearance of the now playing screen of the D2. It is a Flash based file (.swf, to be exact), so it is very customisable. You can find finished Flash Skins and screenshots of what they look like in the thread 'Finished Flash Skins Only - No Other Posts'. A Flash Skin will not change any part of your firmware, it is an official feature Cowon added to certain firmwares (see below for the firmware versions which are capable of using Flash Skins).

Q: How do I install the Theme or the Flash Skin? I downloaded a .zip or .rar file, but when I copy it to my D2, it does nothing?

A: I will go into the specifics of installing the Themes and Flash Skins below, but you need to do the following part first (very important). Most of the downloads available in the threads I mentioned above are .zip or .rar files. These are compressed files containing the actual files you need. Therefore, you need to decompress them. Programs such as WinRAR and 7-Zip can decompress both .zip and .rar files. WinZip is always able to decompress .zip files, and version 11 and later of WinZip can also decompress .rar files. After decompression of the .zip or .rar file, you will find the files needed to install the Theme or Flash Skin you downloaded.

Q: Are Themes and Flash Skins completely removable?

A: Yes, Themes and Flash Skins are completely removable. Uninstallation is covered below. After uninstalling Themes and Flash Skins, you will not notice that you had them installed.

Q: Can I install a Theme and a Flash Skin at the same time?

A: Yes, you can install both a Theme and a Flash Skin at the same time. As I said above, a Theme alters the general appearance of the D2, including buttons for example, and a Flash Skin gives you a new now playing screen.

THEMES

Q: Which version of a Theme do I need?

A: Always download the Theme version that is the same as your firmware version. Your firmware version is displayed during startup of your D2, and can be found in the Information option of the main menu of your D2. Other versions will not always be compatible with your D2 and will not display correctly. Make sure you download the correct version.

Q: How do I install a Theme?

A: After downloading the correct version of a Theme and decompressing the .zip or .rar file, you will see a file called 'D2N_rs.bin'. Put this file in the root folder of your D2. The root folder is the top directory of your D2, where you see the folders Music, Video, Record, System, etc. For example, if your D2 is recognised as the F: drive on your computer, put the D2N_rs.bin file in F:. Do not put it in the System folder, that will do nothing. After placing the D2N_rs.bin file on your D2, safely disconnect it from the computer and start it up. You should see a resource upgrade taking place for a while and it will shut itself off. If you turn it on again the theme is installed!

Q: How do I uninstall a Theme?

A: To uninstall a Theme, download the original firmware you have on your D2. If you have firmware 2.51, for example, download 2.51 from Cowon's website. Copy the D2N_rs.bin file from folder 2 of the original firmware to the root folder of the D2. Safely disconnect it and turn it on. The Theme will now be uninstalled and the D2 will turn itself off. Turn it back on and the Theme is uninstalled.

Q: Do I need to uninstall a Theme before updating to a different firmware version or before changing to a different Theme?

A: No, that is not necessary. Keep in mind that if you update to a different firmware, the Theme will be uninstalled. To reinstall the Theme, remember to download the Theme version equivalent to your new firmware version, and repeat the Theme installation process outlined above.

Q: Will installing a Theme erase the files on my D2, just like a firmware upgrade?

A: No, installing a Theme will not erase any of the files on your D2. This is because it is not like a full firmware upgrade, it only updates some of the D2's resources, effectively updating the looks of the user interface.

Q: Some Themes come with a wallpaper. How do I install it?

A: Put the wallpaper in the Pictures folder. Start the D2, go to Pictures, select the wallpaper you want, click on View and click on Wallpaper. The wallpaper will change to the wallpaper you selected.

Q: Some Themes come with a start-up logo. How do I install it?

A: The logo is a .ilb file. It should be named logo.ilb, otherwise rename it to that. Put it in the System folder of the D2. A logo will not replace the Cowon loading screen with the circling dots, it will play after the Cowon loading screen.

FLASH SKINS

Q: Which firmware version do I need to be able to use Flash Skins?

A: Currently (10 June 2008), only firmwares 1.53 onward and 3.53 onward support Flash Skins (2.xx and 4.xx do not support Flash Skins). So, as it is now only the recent 3.xx firmwares support Flash Skins and the 2.xx and 4.xx do not. Maybe Cowon will add support for Flash Skins in the 2.xx and 4.xx firmwares in the future, nobody knows. Keep checking the firmware stickies in the firmware sub-forum for more information.

I recommend using the latest firmware for your D2, since it should be the most stable one with the latest bugfixes. If you have a DAB D2, use 1.xx, if you have a normal D2, use 3.xx (1.xx and 4.xx are interchangeable; 2.xx and 3.xx are also interchangeable; read the thread 'Latest D2 Firmware Listed and Explained' for a list and explanation of different firmware versions).

Q: How do I install a Flash Skin?

A: After downloading the Flash Skin of your choice and decompressing the .zip or .rar file, you will find an .swf file. This might be named all sorts of ways, in most cases its named after the Flash Skin (for example Vertigo.swf). You need to rename the .swf file to music.swf. Otherwise it will not work. Copy the music.swf file to the System folder of your D2. Safely disconnect it and turn it on. Go to Settings -> Display and make sure that the Flash Skin option is checked. The Flash Skin is installed!

Sometimes a Flash Skin download comes with tons of .swf files. The Utopia Flash Skin, for instance, comes with 26 .swf files. These are essentially exactly the same Flash Skin, but with different backgrounds. You can preview them in your internet browser or a flash application. Then choose one to install to your D2.

Note on renaming the .swf file: Windows hides known file type extensions. So if you see a file called music, it might actually be called music.swf, because Windows hides the .swf extension. Don't rename the music part to music.swf, because the result will be a file called music.swf.swf (because Windows hides the last .swf). To check the full name of your files: in a folder window, do the following. Tools -> Folder Options... -> View tab -> uncheck Hide extensions for known file types -> OK. Now you can see the full names, including extensions, of files. To change it back, check the Hide extensions for known file types option again.

Q: How do I uninstall a Flash Skin?

A: Just uncheck the Flash Skin option in the Settings -> Display menu. There is no need to delete the music.swf file, but you can do that if you want to.

Q: How do I install a different Flash Skin?

A: Just copy the new music.swf file over the existing music.swf file in the System folder, that's it.

B) Simple Flash Skin Loader

Quote:

Originally Posted by kws0702

Simple Flash Skin Loader

- You can choose your favorite flash skin when enter music mode first time.

Loader : Download - Copy in system folder.
Config File : Download - Copy in "(D2)\FLASH\coconut\loader\".
In config.txt :

------------------------------------------

&UsingUCI=2& - The number of skins : You can input 2~8.

&Title1=DarkStage& - Your first skin's name

&Title2=SHINE& - Your second skin's name

and delete the others. ex) &Title3=&, &Title4=&, ..., &Title8=&

------------------------------------------
And, copy your skin & icon in the "loader" folder.

Skin & icon name : same as Title1(or Title2, Title3, ...) in config.txt

ex) DarkStage.swf & DarkStage.jpg, SHINE.swf & SHINE.jpg

Icon : 50 * 50 size, JPG format

If you use SD card, Do all work again at

"(SD card)\FLASH\coconut\loader\", too.

C) New method to make a theme or to transcribe a theme for another firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine

New method to make a theme

You simply need 3 files:

1.: Put D2toTGA and the original D2N_rs.bin into the same folder and execute D2toTGA.

All the pictures the theme contains will appear in the folder.

Edit pictures to change the theme:

- The image size must not be modified, or else your theme won't work.

Here's a tool to help you with the new D2toTGA: 17 PSD files with marks for a good sizing icons.

- The TGA-files have a special alpha layer:

You'll find it in layer menu, under the RGB colors, there is a layer named "Alpha 1".

This layer is for transparency:

White = Full view

Black = Invisible

Grey = Transparency (more or less with the grey level)

- Save the TGA at 32 bit.

2.: After modifying the theme, put TGAtoD2 in the folder where the modified TGAs are located.

Put the D2N_rs.bin in the same folder if it isn't already there.

Now execute TGAtoD2. Your "D2N_rs.bin" should be updated.

3.: Now paste D2screen into the folder your theme file is resting.

Executing D2screen will make 3 screenshots of your current theme.

4.: Say 47 times "thank YOU" to MaxSt, because without him there wouldn't be much theming in here.

New method to transcribe a theme for another firmware:

1 - download here new tools to do it, they have same name than before, but are really easier to use:

2 - Copy in a folder (folder1) the original "D2N_rs.bin",

and the "D2N_rs.bin" from the theme downloaded in another folder (folder2).

3 - Copy D2toTGA and execute it, in folder 2.

A lot of pictures will be created.

4 - Copy pictures from folder 2 to folder 1 (copy only pictures, do not copy D2N_rs.bin).

5 - Copy TGAtoD2 and execute it in folder 1.

And that's it ! Now you have just to copy the changed "D2N_rs.bin" from folder 1 to the D2 root, and restart it !

(MaxSt had a published a new D2Screen too, to have a preview of the theme.

If you have a changed "D2N_font.bin" in the same folder, it will show the theme with this font)

instructions by Rigobert

A special thanks goes out to

MaxSt, without his work none of these wonderful tools would be available.

D) Non-flash Interface Images List

Quote:
Originally posted by Mindlesspuppet

Below is a list of all the images that are used non-flash interfaces, and what those images are (or what I believe them to be). I believe most of these to be correct, though it's had to say since I can tell quite a few are for the versions with a TV Tuner. If I was unsure or just plain didn't know a (??) will appear in the line. I tried to give descriptions as best I could of what the images were and where they could be found.

01icons >> main menu icons [Music, Voice Record, TV, Video, Radio, Pictures, Text, Settings, Dictionary]
02icons >> Utilities menu icons [Utilities (for main menu), Flash Player, Notepad, Calculator, Scientific Calculator]
03icons >> Settings menu icons [JetEffect, System, Display, Timer, General, Record, FM Radio, Information]
04bars >> These are the main buttons, the menubar. Most are pretty self explanatory. After the "EQ Filter" button there are text labels, at the bottom are two button background, these are for the video screen. The top one is unpressed, the bottom one is pressed. The text labels go onto these.
05bars >> More buttons for the menubars.
06bars >> Notepad buttons [close, color black, color blue, color green, color red, color yellow, color white, delete, new, next, prev, width smallest, width small, width large, width largest]
07bars >> These are the button that appear on the menus accessed via the menubars.
08icons >> These are the icons displayed in the title of the Settings screens [JetEffect, System, Display, Timer, Record, General, FM Radio, Information]
09icons >> Various icons, [top to bottom, left to right; Album, Artist, (??), Text file, Folder, Wav, Voice, MP3, Ogg, Flac, Apple(??), Flash, Albums, Tracks, Artists, ??, ??, Genre, New Music, Voice, Audibles, ??]
10icons >> More icons [ Video, Year, Playlist, Video, Picture]
11icons000 >> "Locked" icon, displayed on the heads up display between volume and battery
11icons001 >> Volume icon
11icons002 >> Antenna (for TV tuner(??))
11icons003 >> (??)
11icons004 >> pictures icon
11icons005 >> folder icon
11icons006 >> settings icon
11icons007 >> checkbox marked
11icons008 >> checkbox radio icon
11icons009 >> config icon
11icons010 >> unavailable icon
12controls >> Center buttons for most screens [Play, Pause, Forward, Back, Stop, Record]
13controls >> Visible on touch center buttons (the ones that only appear with contact and are not always displayed)
14controls >> Visible on touch next/prev buttons
15controls >> Screen navigation forward/back. (these are the arrows displayed when navigation screens such as the Pictures screen)
16controls >> Screen navigation up/down. (same as above)
17controls >> Browser navigation buttons, [up, down, back, next] (these are used when browser a list, such as the Music List)
18controls >> (??)
19text000 >> "Closing"
19text001 >> "Font Upgrade" (shown at power up when font update detected)
19text002 >> "Resource Upgrade" (shown at power up when update detected)
19text003 >> "Stand By"
19text004 >> "Pause"
19text005 >> FM radio recording label
19text006 >> Line in recording label
19text007 >> Voice recording label
19text008 >> "Firmware upgrade" (shown at power up when update detected)
19text009 >> "Low Battery"
19text010 >> "Battery Full" color 1
19text011 >> "Battery Charging" color 1
19text012 >> "Battery Charging" color 2
19text013 >> "Battery Full" color 2
19text014 >> "Delete Confirm"
19text015 >> "[ Control Select ]"
20eq000 >> "CLA" Classical equalizer setting
20eq001 >> "JAZ" Jazz equalizer setting
20eq002 >> "NOR" Normal equalizer setting
20eq003 >> "POP" Pop equalizer setting
20eq004 >> "ROC" Rock equalizer setting
20eq005 >> "USR" User equalizer setting
20eq006 >> "VOC" Voice equalizer setting
20eq007 >> "P01" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 1 label
20eq008 >> "P02" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 2 label
20eq009 >> "P03" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 3 label
20eq010 >> "P04" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 4 label
20eq011 >> "P05" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 5 label
20eq012 >> "P06" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 6 label
20eq013 >> "P07" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 7 label
20eq014 >> "P08" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 8 label
20eq015 >> "P09" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 9 label
20eq016 >> "P10" JetEffect > JetEffect Preset 10 label
20eq017 >> "MET" Metal equalizer setting
21misc000 >> Resource/Firmware update icon (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc001 >> Font upgrade icon (shown at power up when new font detected)
21misc002 >> Battery icon, empty, on heads up display
21misc003 >> Battery icon fill bar (for above icon)
21misc004 >> Battery icon while plugged in to wall outlet (not sure, only ever used USB)
21misc005 >> Text for clock, "0" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc006 >> Text for clock, "1" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc007 >> Text for clock, "2" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc008 >> Text for clock, "3" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc009 >> Text for clock, "4" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc010 >> Text for clock, "5" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc011 >> Text for clock, "6" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc012 >> Text for clock, "7" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc013 >> Text for clock, "8" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc014 >> Text for clock, "9" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc015 >> Text for clock, ":" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc016 >> Text for clock, "." (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc017 >> Text for clock, "am" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc018 >> Text for clock, "pm" (also used for volume, the radio station range, and lots of stuff)
21misc019 >> Default album art image for music screen
21misc020 >> shuffle on icon (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc021 >> shuffle off icon
21misc022 >> repeat on icon (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc023 >> repeat off icon
21misc024 >> mode boundary icon "1" (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc025 >> mode boundary icon "all" (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc026 >> mode boundary icon "folder" (shown at power up when update detected)
21misc027 >> "SUB" (no clue where this is displayed)
21misc028 >> "DPL" (no clue where this is displayed)
21misc029 >> "M3U" (no clue where this is displayed)
21misc030 >> progress bar fill (such as the one on Music screen)
21misc031 >> mode label background (pretty sure)
21misc032 >> Signal strength bar 1(TV tuner(??))
21misc033 >> Signal strength bar 2(TV tuner(??))
21misc034 >> Signal strength bar 3(TV tuner(??))
21misc035 >> Signal strength bar 4(TV tuner(??))
21misc036 >> Bookmark list label (video mode)
21misc037 >> Bookmark save label (video mode)
21misc038 >> (??)
21misc039 >> (??)
21misc040 >> Connected to PC image
21misc041 >> Radio scan hash marks
21misc042 >> Radio scan "progress" bar
21misc043 >> Radio scan marker
21misc044 >> Radio station text "0" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc045 >> Radio station text "1" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc046 >> Radio station text "2" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc047 >> Radio station text "3" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc048 >> Radio station text "4" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc049 >> Radio station text "5" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc050 >> Radio station text "6" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc051 >> Radio station text "7" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc052 >> Radio station text "8" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc053 >> Radio station text "9" (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer)
21misc054 >> Radio station text "." (also used for Time setup in Settings - Timer(??))
21misc055 >> Radio station text "MHZ
21misc056 >> Browser title bar
21misc057 >> Browser separator
21misc058 >> Browser highlighted
21misc059 >> Menu settings arrow right [Used in JetEffect - Equalizer]
21misc060 >> (??)
21misc061 >> (??)
21misc062 >> (??)
21misc063 >> "status bar" (I guess you could call it this) settings separator. [Used between 256kB | POP | BBE ... etc]
21misc064 >> "kB" text for settings display [bitrate]
21misc065 >> "kH" text for settings display [hertz]
21misc066 >> "ROC" text for settings display [Rock equalizer setting]
21misc067 >> "JAZ" text for settings display [Jazz equalizer setting]
21misc068 >> "CLA" text for settings display [Classical equalizer setting]
21misc069 >> "POP" text for settings display [Pop equalizer setting]
21misc070 >> "VOC" text for settings display [Voice equalizer setting]
21misc071 >> "USR" text for settings display [User equalizer setting]
21misc072 >> "NOR" text for settings display [Normal equalizer setting]
21misc073 >> "BBE" text for settings display [JetEffect: BBE]
21misc074 >> "M3B" text for settings display [JetEffect: Mach3Bass]
21misc075 >> "3DS" text for settings display [JetEffect: 3D Surround]
21misc076 >> "MPE" text for settings display [JetEffect: MP Enhance]
21misc077 >> "STE" text for settings display [JetEffect: Stereo Enhance]
21misc078 >> "ON" text for settings display
21misc079 >> "OFF" text for settings display
21misc080 >> Voice recording "album art" image
21misc081 >> "Photo List" label (not sure where this is used)
21misc082 >> "Photo Thumnail" label (not sure where this is used)
21misc083 >> "Shuffle" label (not sure where this is used)
21misc084 >> Equalizer screen: preset button background(??)
21misc085 >> Equalizer screen: center line
21misc086 >> Equalizer screen: EQ bar gripper
21misc087 >> Equalizer screen: EQ bar fill
21misc088 >> Charging box 1 (animates with charging box 2) when d2 is plugged in to a PC
21misc089 >> Charging box 2
21misc090 >> Default wallpaper(background) image
21misc091 >> Bars on either side of the center button in music mode (the ones that move to the sound)
21misc092 >> Used for settings pop up, (such as the one used in JetEffect - BBE, and many others)
21misc093 >> Time setup (in Settings - Timer) "AM" text
21misc094 >> Time setup (in Settings - Timer) "PM" text
21misc095 >> "EUR REGION" label (I can only speculate these are for d2's with TV tuners)(??)
21misc096 >> "JPN REGION" label (I can only speculate these are for d2's with TV tuners)(??)
21misc097 >> "KOR REGION" label (I can only speculate these are for d2's with TV tuners)(??)
21misc098 >> "USA REGION" label (I can only speculate these are for d2's with TV tuners)(??)
21misc099 >> (I believe this is used for alarms... which I've never used)(??)
21misc100 >> Time setup (in Settings - Timer) ":" text
21misc101 >> Underline for the setting you are currently adjust in Time setup (in Settings - Timer)
21misc102 >> Up arrow (unsure where this is used, in style of down or hide arrow below)
21misc103 >> Hide arrow (used to hide menus brought up from the menubar)
21misc104 >> Large battery graphic (not sure where this is used)(??)
21misc105 >> Minus symbol (not sure where this is used)(??)
21misc106 >> Plus symbol (not sure where this is used)(??)
21misc107 >> (??)
21misc108 >> Battery icon (used on screen while battery is charging, I believe (??))
21misc109 >> Folder from pictures screen small
21misc110 >> Folder from pictures screen large
21misc111 >> (??)
21misc112 >> "REC" recording label
21misc113 >> (??)
21misc114 >> "CH" (I assume this is for "channel" in the TV tuner(??))
21misc115 >> Up arrow pressed, used for pop-up setting box (21misc92 this one)
21misc116 >> Center box pressed, used for pop-up setting box (21misc92 this one)
21misc117 >> Down arrow pressed, used for pop-up setting box (21misc92 this one)
21misc118 >> Progress bar arrow (this appears when you press on a progress bar to change position in song)
21misc119 >> Scroll bar top and bottom (file browser) Thanks FFMartijnFF
21misc120 >> Scroll bar fill (file browser) Thanks FFMartijnFF
21misc121 >> Dot above and beneath scroll bar (file browser) Thanks FFMartijnFF
21misc122 >> (??)
21misc123 >> (??)
21misc124 >> Text view scroll up arrow
21misc125 >> Text view scroll down arrow
21misc126 >> Text view scroll previous arrow
21misc127 >> Text view scroll next arrow
21misc128 >> (??)
21misc129 >> (??)
21misc130 >> D-pad control select for Flash player
21misc131 >> Mouse control select for Flash player
21misc132 >> (??)
21misc133 >> (??)
21misc134 >> "MET" text for settings display [Metal equalizer setting] (they must have forgot this one with the others 21misc66 to 21misc72)
21misc135 >> "/" (I believe this to be used in correlation with 21misc66 to 21misc72)
22misc000 >> Up arrow (??)
22misc001 >> Down arrow (??)
22misc002 >> Right arrow (??)
22misc003 >> Left arrow (??)
22misc004 >> "Channel scan" label
22misc005 >> "DAB" label
22misc006 >> "DMB" label
22misc007 >> (??)
22misc008 >> (??)
22misc009 >> background for Text view full screen
22misc010 >> secondary progress bar fill (seen in various A - B modes)
22misc011 >> "Add to bookmark" label (used for video mode)(??)
22misc012 >> "Bookmark list" label (used for video mode)(??)
22misc013 >> "Movie list" label (used for video mode)(??)
22misc014 >> Play button label (used in video mode)
22misc015 >> Pause button label (used in video mode)
22misc016 >> Stop button label (used in video mode)
22misc017 >> "1 boundary" label (??)
22misc018 >> "All boundary" label (??)
22misc019 >> "Folder boundary" label (??)
22misc020 >> "Repeat" on label (??)
22misc021 >> "Repeat" off label (??)
22misc022 >> Heads up display locked icon
22misc023 >> Heads up display volume icon
22misc024 >> Heads up display battery, plugged in, icon
22misc025 >> Heads up display battery empty icon
22misc026 >> Heads up display battery fill bar for 22misc25
22misc027 >> Antenna icon (for TV tuner)
22misc028 >> TV signal strength bar 1 >>
22misc029 >> TV signal strength bar 2 >>
22misc030 >> TV signal strength bar 3 >>
22misc031 >> TV signal strength bar 4
22misc032 >> "0" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc033 >> "1" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc034 >> "2" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc035 >> "3" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc036 >> "4" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc037 >> "5" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc038 >> "6" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc039 >> "7" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc040 >> "8" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc041 >> "9" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc042 >> ":" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc043 >> "am" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc044 >> "pm" text, used for displaying time/length, etc in video mode
22misc045 >> video mode progress bar fill
22misc046 >> "TV-Out" label (used in video mode)
22misc047 >> (record button for TV mode maybe)(??)
22misc048 >> "Jet Effect" label (used in video mode)
22misc049 >> (stop record button for TV mode maybe)(??)
22misc050 >> "REC" label (used in TV mode(??))
22misc051 >> Video mode center button unpressed
22misc052 >> Video mode center button pressed
22misc053 >> Video mode sides button unpressed
22misc054 >> Video mode sides button pressed
22misc055 >> Video mode menu (from menubar) background unpressed
22misc056 >> Video mode menu (from menubar) background pressed
22misc057 >> (??)
22misc058 >> (??)
22misc059 >> "CH" (I assume this is for "channel" in the TV tuner(??))
22misc060 >> Progress bar arrow (this appears when you press on a progress bar to change position in video)
22misc061 >> "/" (I believe this to be used in correlation with 22misc032 to 22misc044)
22misc062 >> unavailable wingding (I believe this to be used in correlation with 22misc032 to 22misc044)

2) Startup logo

A Startup Logo is a short movie or picture appearing after the blue official "Cowon is starting" slogan which cannot be avoided or changed.

A) How to install a startup logo

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackroom

[Download the Startup logo file that you like] Just unpack the zip and copy the *.ilb file to "system" folder in the player and change the name on it to logo.ilb. Don't forget to save your original logo.ilb first if you have one that you want to keep.

B) How to create a startup logo

Choose any Gif, Avi, Jpg files that you wish and convert them into *.ilb files using "Jetlogo software" (2.26) from the Cowon.com website. There's no size limit to the media files chosen but there's a frame limit... Max 48 frames for the startup logo sequence, so you must cut the video segments that you need VIA a Video editing tool such as Virtual dub or Wax 2.

When you run Jetlogo and open a media file, you'll see two viewing screens. The left is the original file you opened and the right one is the designated ilb file, cropped to 48 frames. After converting the media file to ilb the software makes an additional gif file of what avi/image you chose.

3) Unofficial Cowon Dictionary

You need to download the unofficial Cowon flash based dictionary and the appropriate libraries from the Cowon Russian fan site. The libraries contain common languages interpretation to and from English. The dictionary works like a regular Cowon D2 based flash program. The possibility for adding other languages (to and from) other languages, though exist, is very complex and when the process will simplified this guide will be updated.

Originally posted by Fullmoon

new skinned version of the dictionary are released. Links are:

Short how-to:

To add/remove libraries and finetune dictionary, edit dic.def :

langList=EnRu,RuEn //list of included libraries, separated by commas

delayTranslate=#### //delay between last pressed key and translation

wordsOfTranslate=# //number of closest words shown

currentLangDir=____ //default library

Buttons '+' and '-' repeat last pressed key. Up-down and down-up strokes scroll text, short right-left stroke delete one symbol, long right-left delete all word. Switching libraries by pressing library name or long left-right stroke.

How to add a German language to the dictionary (for example):

Copy GerEn and EnGer into \dic\ folder. Than change \dic\dic.def to this form:

langList=EnGer,GerEn&currentLangDir=EnGer&wordsOfT [.]

4) Making Flash Maps

There are several steps in making maps for the Cowon D2:

The first is to get a full map of the area you want on a file. The map can be obtained either by a scanner or by downloading maps from the net (the free Google Map/Earth is an exquisite source for that). Obtaining maps from Google can be done either by using firefox add-on Screengrab, or by other screen grabbers like Captimag freeware http://captilude.free.fr/ to capture as many rectangular areas of the map as necessary. If the map you want is too big to fit in one time scanning/grabbing than you need to do it several times thus creating several files containing different segments of the map.

Now you need to unite and convert all the map files into one jpg file. This can be achieved either by using Photoshop or by using other free editing software like Gimp. Open in Gimp (for example) a new project large enough to be filled with all jpeg files with no reduction of resolution (5000X5000); open successivly "as layer" every jpeg file, and then overlap it on the previous one precisely with an important zoom factor thus creating a bigger map and overlapping is absolutely transparent. Crop/ delete the borders of the image not filled with your map (white areas) and save in jpeg format.

You now have a single jpg file containing your desired map. Now you need to split the map on the file into small segments that the Cowon D2 can read, resulting in the creation of 100-1000 files (or more, depend on the size of the map) called Map#.jpg starting with Map0.jpg and a Mapconfig.txt file that contains info about how and in what order should the Cowon D2 look at the files created. All these files go in to a Map Sub directory alongside a swf file (a map viewer) that enables you to activate the map.

To do that there are several methods mentioned:

Tile Image Splitter freeware http://www.brothersoft.com/tilemage-...ter-93531.html that you can simultaneously split in 320 X 240 tiles and name the tiles in mapXX format in the correct order. [posted by Patacou]. After that you need to follow Elderbear instructions on how to use a flash maps.

Youngerbear has a version that will do the splitting and everything else for the 320x240 tiles. It uses Imagemagik, which you need to download, but after you've got it, the program will actually use it automatically. that program is only useful for really large maps--it won't work at all for maps smaller than 960x720, and it will only zoom out to 50% for maps smaller than 1600x1200. (It will zoom out to 30% on larger maps.) http://www.mediafire.com/?nbrjdoxmm5g

Vincentg wrotea program that practically makes the maps for you with imageSplit. There's a version for win X86 and Win X64. The problem with it is that sometimes it stops in the middle of the process (and you need to exit and restart), it names the files like this: Map_#.jpg and not Map#.jpg so you need to change the names manually (700 times?!), and that you need to insert the details (the name of the map, the path of the picture of the map and the path of the output folder) twice.

A) How to use flash maps

Quote:
Originally posted by Elderbear

First off you need the right firmware. According to fishfutters tests, the versions 3.53 and 2.53 (including beta versions) work.

To use the flashmaps-app you have to organize all the needed files on your D2 in a specific manner:

In the folder named "FLASH", create a subfolder for every map you want to use. The names of these folders don't matter. You can name them after the maps they contain. Now in EACH of these folders you need two things:

1) The actual app ("flashmaps_1.0.swf"). you can rename this file too, to match the name of the map it belongs to.

2) Another folder called "map". (This name cannot be changed)

the "map"-folder again contains the following:

1) The JPEG-images the map is composed of. They are named consecutively. (e.g. "map1.jpg", "map2.jpg", "map3.jpg"...).

2) the "mapconfig.txt"-file. This file contains some specific details regarding the respective map. (Width, height and the starting point of the numeration; for more details on this see the instructions for creating a map).

If you have all your files in place you can view your maps by opening the corresponding swf-file under "Utilities"->"Flash Player" on your D2.

How to create a map

Creating your own maps for the flashmaps-app is very easy and doesn't require any specific knowledge or commercial software!

First you have to find an image of the map you want. The image can be as large as you want! It will just eat up a little more space on your player but the performance always stays the same. That's the actual point of the app.

If you have found your image you need to split it up into pieces of 160 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height. The pieces that will remain at the right and bottom border probably won't have these exact dimensions but that doesn't matter. The resulting files have to be in JPEG format. The file name has to consist of the word "map" and a consecutive number. The numbering doesn't have to start at any specific point but you have to specify where it starts (more on that later). The app will arrange the tiles according to their numbers like this:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

There are several ways to split your image up. One possibility of course is using the slice-tool in photoshop. I won't explain this method here though because I havent figured out the easiest way to do it and I guess not everyone here has a copy of photoshop.

Instead I found a freeware-program which is just perfect for this task. It really doesn't get any easier than that.

The program is called "Splitimage" and you can get it here. After installing it you can import your map-image by clicking "File"-->"New...". To specify the grid pattern go to "Edit"-->"Edit using Dialog...". On the window that opens, open the "Processor"-tab and select "Create Columns and Rows of Specific Size". Enter 160 for "Column Width" and 120 for "Row Height", then hit OK.

Before saving the images we just have to check some settings: go to "File"-->"Preferences" and ensure that the field for "File Name and Number Separator" is empty and that "Use Numbers (1,2,3...)" as well as "JPEG File (JPG)" is selected. Then hit ok.

Now we can create the files: go to "File"-->"Generate Images...". Enter "map" as filename and save. That's it.

Now you just have to create the "mapconfig.txt"-file. It contains some details about the map, which the app needs to display it correctly. You can use the sample I included in the download of the app and adjust the values for your map.

The contents of the file look something like this:

&rows=12&cols=8&startat=1

It defines three parameters: "rows", "cols", and "startat" and assigns a number to each one. Replace the value for "rows" with the number of rows your map contains of. "cols" stands for the number of columns. The "startat"-parameter specifies where your enumeration starts. If you use "Splitimage" your first tile will probably be named "map1.jpg". That means the value for "startat" is 1.

When you've done all that you just have to arrange all the files as described in the "How to use"-instructions and you're ready to go.

B) How to download Google maps
Quote:
Originally posted by Elderbear

(This is how to save maps for the Chrieg/Dreinhalb/Youngerbear viewer)

1. Get the firefox add-on Screengrab

2. Go to Google maps and find the map you want

3. In the upper left corner click on Link

4. Click on customize and preview

5. Click custom

6. Enter up to 5000 height, 5000 width (maybe you can go up to 7000). This step determines the size of the browser screen that screengrab will save if you tell it you want the entire screen, which you do.

7. Adjust the zoom to the highest level of detail you want to be able to see. This step interacts with that to limit the scope of the map that will fit into that size.

8. Center the sliders at the right and bottom of the screen so that they are in the middle of their ranges.

9. using the mouse left click and hold to grab and drag the map so that it is centered where you want it (you can use the sliders to check where the boundaries are by taking them to their extremes). Steps 8 and 9 center the resulting size where you want it.

10. When you've got the map adjusted as you want, click the screengrab icon in the lower right of the map.

11. Click save and entire page. You will be prompted to tell it where to save.

C) Map viewer

A map viewer enables you to watch the jpg files that construct your map on the Cowon D2 and its the same viewer in any map that is given. But, there are different types of viewers such as:

Ihab Viewer quote- "Its main new feature is the support of several zoom levels, given as separate maps. Also, it supports tiles of any size, so you don't have to cut and patch the tiles from Google Maps anymore. Finally, it supports seeking the jpegs elsewhere on the disk; therefore you can put them under the \system directory, so that the D2 will not scan them when rebuilding the file database, which avoids breaking the file number limit". Post 289.

Chrieg/Dreinhalb/Youngerbear viewer- quote- "Zoom: You can now zoom out up to 35%. Of course more would always be better but that's pretty much the limit of what the d2 can handle. And after all, at 35% you can see 3x as much and I guess that's not all that bad". post 162.

5) Cowon D2 Font Patch Firmware

The D2 Font Patch is in fact an unofficial firmware who makes an effect on the fonts shown in the Cowon D2 equivalent to the 'Bold' option in Microsoft office Word/ Open Office (in all the languages that the Cowon D2 supports). It is a non essential patch and required only for aesthetical reasons. Some themes are already imbedded with this patch. Like any theme the Font Patch has to fit to the firmware currently running on the Cowon D2.

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxSt

How to install Font Patch:

1. Download fontpatch and D2 Firmware (make sure it's the same as the FW version you have on your D2).

2. Unzip both.

3. Launch fontpatch.

4. [In fontpatch app] Navigate to folder 2 of the D2 FW. [Direct it to 'folder 2' of the firmware you just put on your desktop]

5. Execute fontpatch. [You should get a message advising you of fontpatches success.

6. Drag and drop D2N_font.bin [from folder 2 of D2 FW] to D2 root (the "root" is the D2 drive itself). [Plug your D2 in with USB and just drop the new 'D2N_font' file from 'folder 2' into the D2s root, in 'devices with removable storage in 'My Computer']

7. Eject and restart D2, voila your font has been emboldened. [Unplug D2, then turn it on, you should get a Font Upgrade screen. When this is done it turns off again. Next time you turn on your Font should be bolder.]

Link to download the patch: post 1.

To uninstall the patch, simply place your 'D2N_rs.bin' file (the unofficial or the official) on your D2 root directory and restart your Cowon D2.

6) Creating Cowon D2 Fonts

Quote:
Originally posted by Rigobert

link to the original post and the files in it (Post 1):

I made a bold font for many firmwares with "D2 font patch" find on "D2 Font Patch" thread.

Tools:

I download some new font patch on "D2FE - D2 Font Editor" thread (Please read that thread)

Please download MaxSt' D2Stringswhich will allow you to change the actual text within the D2 - this is optional.

- Original and bold fonts for fw 2.50, fw 2.51, fw 2.53b, fw 3.50, fw 3.51, fw 3.53b, fw 3.53.

- Zatan's "Lucida console" for fw 2.51 and fw 3.53 (tested on 3.53b it work)

- Lukekeeee's "Arial Bold pt12" for fw 3.53 (tested on 3.53b it work, but letters with accents stay like on original font).

How to create a D2 font: (D2 Font Tool Tutorial)

You can create the font of your choice comparatively easily for the Cowon D2 (easier that to make a theme):

It is to Crashdebug, that they owe the tools which allow it.

To create a font of character on D2, you need of:

- Have the font to be edited on your computer, complete (with special characters)

- A software of edition of picture (the tutorial will be given for Photoshop, but there are others tools)

- The D2FE - D2 font editor

- The original font of D2 for the firmware for which you create the font (in the folder "2 " of the fw).

Download therefore all. To create a font for 6 firmware's takes just a few time more than for one.

En shortened, it is first necessary you to create a picture of your font in files BMP,

(It is the longest stage: 2 following tutorials are dedicated to it.

Some elements of the 1st tutorial shall be able to be understood only in the reading of second)

Then it is necessary to import these files in D2FE - D2 to replace the characters of origins with those of your BMP files.

1 - How to create BMP files

It is necessary you to create pictures of 16 pixels weight on 16 X " the number of created characters " height.

You must work in mode "levels of grey ", and create black characters on white background.

It will make easier for you to work with a 16 pixels grid, with 16 subdivisions,

or 8 pixels with 8 subdivisions, the characters of D2 being drawn on a grid of 16 by 16 pixels.

Choose your font in Photoshop, its size, type characters in the order of the numbering ASCII.

(Or use the tutorial 2)

Except the font choice and is size, the tool text must be configured as follows:

aa = without

except parameter " AV <-> " who will be chooses in order to regulate the space between characters,

it is necessary to search to find the number which will make that the 94 characters of the first list

all find perfectly vertical position on your white background.

When you import characters, use the tool "vertical text".

Position vertically characters, by displacement of calc text and regulating of parameter " AV <-> "

Flatten picture, and move every character laterally to have a column of white pixels on the left of each character:

It is possible that vertical gaps come, also determine an horizontal line of position,

for example 3 pixels under "ABCDabcd0123" to leave the place under " p j g ".

When all characters are on their place, record picture in BMP 8 bit,

if option is unavailable, it is that you are in RVB and not in levels of grey)

2 - How to edit a complete ASCII characters list

The complete ASCII characters list contain 255 characters numbers.

you can edit a complete ASCII font with 3 lists of characters:

- 33-126 (enough only for English)

- 161-172

- 174-255

You have not to edit n0 to n32 characters.

Open in Windows, the tool "table of characters", put the cursor on the Character: "!",

It is the first character you have to edit, the N33.

Then hit "enter", then hit "->", then hit "enter", then hit "->"....

So you have soon a long list of "characters to copy" in the bottom window. Stop at "~", the n126.

Now you can enter all characters in the right order, in one click, with a copy-stick in your picture edition soft.

You can download here PSD files, with marks, sized for these lists of characters.

You have not to edit n127 to n160 characters.

So when the first characters BMP file is made, begin the second at n161: ""

and do the same thing to n172: ""

The character n173 will not be selected with the table of characters.

It is the reason to do a third list, since n174: "" to n255: "".

If you not do that, you will have a gap, on the characters n173 in n254.

Now you can make a complete D2 font file with "bitmap" only 3 files in D2FE.

To do it easy and sure, you can call your files:

- 033-126(font name).bmp

- 161-172(font name).bmp

- 174-255(font name).bmp

3 - How to import your lists of characters in fonts of D2

Open the software, click on open, open an original font from a D2 firmware.

Enter next to the bitmap hut, the first n of character of the list that you import.

(33 for 033-126(font name).bmp). Click on "Bitmap".

Start again operation for the 2 following lists, without forget to point out the check n of first character.

Record ("Save") the created file under the name " D2N_font.bin ", in a new folder,

carrying the name of the font, its size, and the firmware of D2 on which it works.

7) D2+ Firmware on a D2

Currently, it seems that there are no substantial advantages of having a D2+ firmware in the Cowon D2 (the improvement of the BBE+ on the sound quality is very much subjective), but this might change once Cowon.Inc releases further D2+ firmware to the market that includes features that might not be available for the D2. With two tools (Rockbox and Tcctool) you can enable yourself to install a D2+ FW on to a vintage D2, or, if you'd like, a Dual firmware. "Rockbox" is a replacement Audio Player firmware that runs on a range of players from different manufacturers (e.g. iAudio X5, iPods, Sansas); a thriving open-source community that provides continual development and bug-fixes (See here). "Tcctool" is a development tool, designed by a RockBox developer named Linuxstb,intended to remove the need for recovery.

Special recognition to Crashdebug

Quote:
Originally posted byDalmane98

How to Load D2+ Firmware in 8 Easy Steps on your Legacy D2:

These instructions are only for use on a Windows Machine...

You do not need to use any old Firmware, Delete any Folders or Files or anything else exotic. Make sure to download Tcctool before you start.
1. Connect your D2 to your computer and copy the D2N_P.bin to the ROOT of your D2
2. Disconnect the D2
3. Put your D2 into a 'Recovery Mode' and install the Tcctool drivers (Tcctool can be found here):

Press and Hold the Menu Button and Press the Power Switch to on. The screen will be blank, but your D2 is on.
The D2 MUST BE IN THE 'RECOVERY MODE' FOR THIS TO WORK!!!

Connect your D2 to your computer. The New hardware Wizard Window should appear. Perform the following:
Select "No, not at this time" to the question about connecting to Windows Update.
Click Next to continue.
Select "Install from a list or specific location
(Advanced)"
Click Next to continue
Select "Search for the best driver in these locations"
Unselect "Search removable media"
select "Include this location in the search:"
Browse to the folder that contains the tcctool-driver-win32 folder.
Click the Next Button
you should get a Window that States "Please wait while the Wizard installs the software (TCC7801 USB-boot mode).
Click Finish
now you need to open a Command Prompt Window. Click Start > Run > type cmd > OK
4. Then navigate to your Tcctool folder and type tcctool -d cowond2 d2n_p.bin at the command prompt and execute it. You should see something similar to this:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\roger>d:
D:\>cd tcctool
D:\tcctool>
D:\tcctool>tcctool -d cowond2 d2n_p.bin
tcctool v0.1 - (C) 2007 Dave Chapman
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
[INFO] Using device "Cowon D2"
[INFO] Searching for TCC device...
[INFO] Found TCC device, uploading application.
[INFO] Patching application uploaded successfully!
D:\tcctool>

NOTE: You are done using Tcctool.
5. Disconnect your D2 and start it if you want to, then shut it off or just connect it your computer to do the next step.
6. Connect D2 to Computer (pay no attention to what is on the screen) and copy the D2N_P_FT.bin and D2N_P_RS.bin files to the Root of the D2.
7. Disconnect the D2 and start it again to load the D2N_P_FT.bin and D2N_P_RS.bin files.
8. Start your D2 with Plus FW installed...

Running Tcctool on Vista [by Who Am I?]

Reboot your PC and hit F8 before the Vista Boot Logo. You'll need to select the option "Disable driver signature enforcement" and then you'll be able to install Tcctool and use your D2. "Run As Admin" doesn't work!

Quote:

Originally posted by Who Am I?

Simple step by Who_Am_I? VIP

-Download Tcctool ('Save As' to C:\) where you see Program Files, Etc. (please Download the D2+ Firmware HERE and copy/paste the Files to the tcctool Folder in C:\)

-DOWNLOAD 2.59 Firmware and copy/paste the d2N.bin File from Folder 0 to the Root of D2 then disconnect and turn on "wait for progress to complete then reconnect while Holding the Menu Button" (Screen will be blank will be still on)

-Windows will ask to install and find new Drivers for Hardware Simply cancel and Navigate to Hardware Manager under Control Panel then find the New Hardware and right-click then Update Driver Software (There'll be a option to locate Driver Manually) then Navigate to the tcctool then the tcctool-driver-win32 Folder and click ok!

-Now open CMD by going to Start|Accessories|Command Prompt input cd C:\tcctool then tcctool -d cowond2 d2n_p.bin then ENTER (Note: Firmware will NOT fully be loaded and installed!)

-Now Navigate to ROOT of D2 Delete all Folders and then copy/paste d2n_p.bin to ROOT "Unplug then Reconnect while still holding Menu Button putting into Boot Mode"

-Now open CMD again and re-input the same command cd C:\tcctool then tcctool -d cowond2 d2n_p.bin and now it'll be fully installed

-Now Disconnect and Reconnect like normal without Holding any Buttons. Copy/paste the RS and FT Files to ROOT. Disconnect then turn on unit. Wait for progress for updating to complete and shut off! you are DONE and 100% ready to go and have fun!!!

HOW-TO Get back to the Regular Firmware

it's pretty simple really

-Download Firmware 2.xx or 3.xx or whichever
-Copy/paste the D2N.bin File from Folder 0 to the tcctool Folder
-Connect the D2 WHILE Holding the Menu Button to put in Boot Mode
-Open CMD and yes do the same thing pretty much cd C:\tcctool then tcctool -d cowond2 d2n.bin ENTER. now Navigate to ROOT and blah... delete the Folders and copy/paste the Format File D2N.bin File from Folder 0 of the Firmware you'll be using.

-Unplug D2 then reconnect while STILL Holding Menu Button for Boot Mode. Open CMD then do the same commands cd C:\tcctool then tcctool -d cowond2 d2n.bin and then the D2 will be fully formatted and you can proceed to install the Firmware as normal without holding any Buttons

Quote:

Originally posted by Crashdebug [order of appearance edited by GTStriker]

Updating to D2+ firmware without using tcctool:
This guide deals with updating from D2 to D2+ firmware without using tcctool, for guides how to run Rockbox on your D2 look for guides in the Rockbox subforum. 1. Copy "0" folder D2N.bin from the D2 2.59 firmware update to the root of your player and restart, this will delete the contents of the player
2. Extract D2N_259_multiboot_fn.zip too the root of your player and rename the file to D2N.bin, restart to flash the file
3. Create the directory "multiboot" on your player root, copy any D2+ FW D2N_P.bin (e.g. from +2.01, +2.02 or +3.02) to the directory, and rename the file to "fw.bin"
4. Also copy a D2+ FW D2N_P.bin to the root of your player without renaming it (this is the firmware that will finally be on the player after finishing this guide! You can use 2.02, 2.03 or a rockbox or multi version, whichever you like, just name it D2N_P.bin)
5. Turn off player. Turn it on again and immediately slide the button to HOLD.
6. After you see a black screen with white text slide it back to the middle position, and press the Menu key to start fw.bin
7. If you get an error message about the crc check, you need to repeat copying fw.bin like in step 3 (this should rarely happen).
8. If the crc check passes the file will start and the D2N_P.bin in the player root will be recognized and flashed
9. Delete all folders on the player and copy D2N_P_FT.bin and D2N_P_RS.bin (D2+ font and theme file) to the root of the player and disconnect
10. Start the D2 and the font and resource file will be flashed
11. Done!

Once you have successfully upgraded from a D2 to a D2+ firmware, you can change to other D2+ firmware version by simply copying the D2N_P.bin and the FT/RS files to the root of the player! You no longer need to follow through one of the upgrade guides!

Multiboot modification (for advanced users):

Warning: only use this if you know what you are doing, this is intended for testing and playing around with different firmware versions.

I've modified the rockbox bootloader to enable loading cowon firmware images. This enables multibooting two different firmwares. [] The modified source files can be found here.

Warning: Rockbox for D2 is work in progress and the NAND driver (for accessing the internal memory of the D2) is not yet fully reliable. If you get any NAND or CRC errors, there is nothing wrong with your D2, but you just might not be able to use rockbox on your specific D2 at the moment. The current status of Rockbox, D2 support and common problems can be found in the Rockbox subforum. The files released here are based on the Rockbox bootloader r20325, problems might already be fixed in newer versions. Search the rockbox subforum for instructions how to patch a recent version of the Rockbox bootloader in firmware files.

Thanks for this goes to the rockbox people and, especially, to shotofadds for implementing D2 support!

The patched firmwares D2 2.59 and D2+ 2.01 are available here.
The New firmwares +2.02 +3.02 patched variants (multiboot or rockbox) are available in here.
The files are based on rockbox bootloader r20325, for the newest and official builds, and guides how to use rockbox, please refer to the rockbox subforum!

The firmwares in the above package contain a multiboot modified rockbox bootloader, this enables you to:
-) Have one firmware installed in flash
-) Load rockbox via the bootloader (from the .rockbox directory as usual)
-) Load a firmware you saved as /multiboot/fw.bin on your player
Notes:
The firmware installed in flash will save its files in the system folder as e.g. "para0.cfg" instead of "param.cfg" to enable the settings of the two firmwares to coexist without conflicting.
This is experimental and so far there doesn't seem to be any problems with booting 2.59 and 2.01 together; I can't say anything about compatibility of other firmwares. You should probably only use the firmware installed in flash to write files to the memory of the player (just a guess at the moment). Theme and Font is shared between firmware versions, but +2.01 and 2.59 works well together with the +2.01 theme/font.
If anything should go wrong you can still always use the unbricking guide to get your D2 back in a clean state.

8) The Naver Caf Cowon D2 Korean fan site

The "Naver Caf" is, among other things, a Cowon D2 Korean fan site like the Iaudiophile.net forums. You can find there guides, themes, skins, modes and more. But, it's all in the Korean language. So, in order to understand what is written in their site you can use a Free Automatic Web Translators like Google (http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en) . The problem is that while you can see all the menus in your chosen language you cannot see the files, moreover downloading them. For that you need to create a Naver.com Account, log in, and allow Pop-up ads in your browser.

Quote:

Originally posted by Dalmane98, Whenthelight, Dewgong

Creating a Naver.com Account:

Click the Icon on the Far Right Side of the Web Page (looks Like Globe)
Check All the Boxes to accept the Agreement
Select the Cell Phone Image
Enter your Country Code and Phone Number (You will be sent a confirmation number via text message)
Type in confirmation number you received
Name: Whatever you want
Username: 3-12 English letters, numbers, or underscore. Click the button "check if available" to see if your username is already taken.
Password: 6-12 English letters or numbers
Password Again: enter your password again
Question: select any question (used for accessing lost passwords)
Answer: input any answer (used for accessing lost passwords)
Nationality: Whatever you want it doesn't matter
Date of Birth: year/month/day
Email: enter your email address, or click check-box to use a Naver (Korean) email.
Newsletter: click check-box if you want to receive a newsletter in your email
Click the Grey Box (Left Side)

how do you log on to naver now?
Logon in these pages:
http://cafe.naver.com/d2d2d2
Or

9) User Created Interface Flash Skins

A) Ultimate

A "UCI" (user created interface) made by a developer that goes by the name Coconut imitates the Apple iPod and iTunes's Cover Flow user interface. Hes now using this Cover Flow-like UI on his Cowon D2 and constantly improves the interface. Coconuts version of Cover Flow, which responds to stylus input, goes by the name of "Ultimate". This site shows its potential:
http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/08/26/cover-flow-on-a-cowon-d2-using-uci/
There are many themes to Ultimate that you can find and download (instructions are usually included) in this old and famous thread by 3amsleep:
http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24183

B) Haptic

Another UCI version is being developed by sangyoon2004 from the Korean website, cafe.naver.com/d2d2d2, and his versionof skin goes by the name of "Haptic". But, as Ultimate, it's also in beta development stages, so it is not fully living up to its potential. Once you downloaded the files follow these steps:
1. Copy haptic.cfg & music.swf to your D2:\system folder.
2. Copy HAPTIC folder to your D2:\PICTURES
3. Copy hapticsave.mp3 to your D2:\ (Save Position marker)
*If you want to use Vertical browser, Please use filelist maker.
Links for the latest Haptic skin (0.8):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/alt0za
Or:

Quote:

Originally posted by Saeki

There is a file list browser thing that the Haptic uses. I put the program to make a file list generator that sangyoon2004 made in the zip along with the music.swf, and for me to use that program, it took a very long time to make the list. Like 10 minutes.

*TO USE THE FILELIST MAKER:::

1. Connect the D2 to your computer, and start the d2_filelist_maker.exe program.
2. If you use an SD Card, you will need to select the location of your SD Card.
3. Press Start. (Please do not disconnect the D2 until notepad window pops up.)
4. after a few seconds, or a few minutes, memo window will show. When it does, please go to File-Save.
5. Use and ENJOY the Haptic skin.*NOTE
IF you have a cover.jpg file in your folder, the filelist_maker program will automatically make a copy of the cover.jpg file into a folder on the D2/PICTURES/HAPTIC/COVER in the size of 130*130. These will be used for the filelist browser in the skin of HAPTIC.

C) UCI selector light

The "UCI Selector Light" is a sangyoon2004 created flash that allows you to choose and switch between 6 Different flash UCIs,with an added password menu to start it off. Like any flash skin loaders, you have to make a folder in the FLASH folder in your Cowon with the name "uciskin", and put the ucilist.txt in there. Then, configure in there what skins you have with the skin icons, and the skin itself.
In order to put the password, just put in your password, and change the "0" to "1" and its supposed to work well.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kratonator

It's pretty straightforward. Copy music.swf to SYSTEM folder, make a folder "uciskin" in the FLASH folder and put their ucilist.txt and your skins and icons (I just copied the ones I have in coconut's loader).

Then modify the ucilist.txt so that it looks like this.
Code:
<list>
<UCI name="OLED" icon="OLED.jpg" file="OLED.swf" />
<UCI name="StellaLuna" icon="StellaLuna.jpg" file="StellaLuna.swf" />
</list>

You can add as many lines as you like, I guess.
Here is the download link for the "UCI Selector Light 1.55 UC" (version current to February 2009), full Instructions are included in the download (and the clock app as an added bonus) courtesy of Tirim4:

Last edited by GTStriker; 04-16-2009 at 18:13.. Reason: Cowon Tweak and Mod Instruction Guide
Old 03-17-2009, 10:22   #3
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

Default Making bilingual Dictionary, D2+ Answers, first steps after buying a D2/D2+

An update to the Dictionary Topic:

A) Making a non English Bilingual Dictionary

Special recognition to MarKus42, Di 76

Warning: those who use special characters in their language (Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic etc.) other then the English ABC may still have a problem.

The process itself is a bit complex:

1) Download and unzip the dictionary making package from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e2v2ky5tly1

2) Download and unzip your desired dictionary language.xdxffiles from HERE.

3) Open up, with your notepad, your chosen xdxf file and delete the string: <!DOCTYPE xdxf SYSTEM "http://xdxf.sourceforge.net/xdxf_lousy.dtd"> (located in the first row on the right side). This string may not exist if the .xdxf file is taken from another source.

4) Run cmd.exe. (Open the windows "Start" menu and choose the "Run" option, write "cmd" and press "ok").

5) Drag the converter file from the converter directory in the dictionary making package to the cmd.exe screen. You will see a string like this: D:\dictionary making package\ Converter \xdxfconv.exe" added on the screen.

6) Write two parameters: A) path of the whereabouts of the chosen xdxf file and B) path to a result folder. Don’t forget to put a space between the two parameters and between the first parameter to the […].exe" (For Example: (d:\dictionary making package\Converter \xdxfconv.exe" D:\dictionary\dict.xdxf D:\dictionary\spru\) and Press Enter.
If you have a "404 error" then you didn’t followed stage three of the processes.

7) The converter will make .xml files and gives them names by the folder you unpack them to, like "enfr0.xml"; "enfr1.xml" and so on. They have to be just "0.xml"; "1.xml" and so on. The Index.xml must also be just index.xml so change as necessary.

8) Now you need to configure a keyboard characters layout to your particular dictionary language folder in order for you to be able to write letters in your chosen language for search. Remember: the keyboard characters layout needs to be fitted to the language you want the meaning for, so don’t configure German characters layout for Russian-> German dictionary language folder. Put the keyboard.def file in your new particular dictionary language folder. Included in the dictionary making package some ready keyboard.def files you can choose from.
In case you don’t have your country's keyboard characters layout, you're facing a huge problem. Theoretically you need to make it yourself. The keyboard.def file is constructed like this:
{&K#(K stands for a variable, # is the position on the keyboard 1-36 )=%*(* is the Unicode codes for symbol with %)}. For example, the symbol "м" in Russian has the code %d0%bc therefore it will look like this in the keyboard.def file: &k28=%d0%bc. You also may use secondary layout, determine variables k37-k72 for other symbols. You can switch keyboard layout by adding the symbols "<" or ">". The question "what are the codes fitted to your language and how do you obtain them?" steel remains!

9) After placing the keyboard.def file in your new particular dictionary language folder, move the folder inside the following folder:
d:\ dictionary making package\ Dictionary\ dic\

10) Edit with notepad the dic.def located in the d:\ dictionary making package\ Dictionary\ dic\ in the following manner (let's say that you made and chose German -> Russian to be your first and default translation):
langList=GerRus&currentLangDir=GerRus&wordsOfTranslate=2&[…]
You can add other translations by adding the folders to the \dic\ folder and editing the \dic\dic.def in this form:
langList=GerRus,EnGer,GerEn&currentLangDir=GerRus

11) Run the .swf file.

Quick Question and Answer Guide for D2+ Starters

Q- Can I put all the Maps, Dictionaries and flash games, which I find in this forum, on my d2+ or whether I have to pay attention to the firmware?

A- The D2+ uses the same basic structure as the D2, so basically you can use it all in the same manner as the D2 does.

Q- Can I put all themes, which I find in this forum, on my d2+ or whether I have to pay attention to the firmware?

A- To use D2 themes made for D2 with firmware 2.XX on to D2+ with firmware 2.01/2.02, just rename the D2 themes from D2N_rs.bin to D2N_p_rs.bin. To use themes made for D2 with firmware 3,xxx on to D2+ with firmware 2.xx a conversion must be done first to transform the theme from D2 firmware 3.xx to D2 firmware 2.xx and then rename it from D2N_rs.bin to D2N_p_rs.bin in order for the D2+ to be able to upgrade itself (you can use the D2+ Convert Theme v.06 found in this thread Herecourtesy of Who Am I?). To use D2 themes made for D2 with firmware 3.XX on to D2+ with firmware 3.01/3.02, again, just rename the D2 themes from D2N_rs.bin to D2N_p_rs.bin. To use themes made for D2 with firmware 2,xxx on to D2+ with firmware 3.xx, again, a conversion must be done first to transform the theme from D2 firmware 2.xx to D2 firmware 3.xx and then rename it from D2N_rs.bin to D2N_p_rs.bin.

Q- Can I use the D2 "Font Patch" on my D2+ themes?

A- Basically yes, but the so call "Font Patch" is in fact a Modified Firmware (the 'd2n_P' File) so you will need to convert it in accordance to your model (D2+) and firmware (2.xx/3.xx etc.). You can download a Modified and ready to use d2n_P.bin Files Here (courtesy of Who Am I?).

Q- Can I put all flash skins, which I find in this forum, on my d2+ or whether I have to pay attention to the firmware?

A- You can use them all, and without conversion, but your D2+ must have a firmware 3.01/3.02 on it only.

Q- Is there a thread for d2+ themes, flash skins?

A- Yes. For themes you can go HERE, for flash skins you can use the regular D2 site Here.

Q- I use firmware 3.xx on my D2+ and thus I have the possibility of using a Korean/English dictionary. Can I use the same D2 'PowerDic' files on my D2+ or does the D2+ uses another dictionary format?

A- Yes you can. though the D2+ uses additional folders (The D2+uses the following subfolders under the PowerDic folder in its root directory: DATA, DB, FONT, and PRONUNCIATION) then the one the vintage D2 use, you can just copy the folders from the unzipped PowerDic (download them from the Cowon Site) into the folders on the D2+, creating entries in both the DATA and DB folders and it suppose to work. [the answer is courtesy of Collbluewater].

Q- How do I install/create all the Maps, Dictionaries, flash games, themes, flash skins on my D2+ and what is the difference between the firmwares?

A- The answer to these questions is the same answer given to the equivalent vintage D2 and can be found in length in the Cowon D2 Tweak and Mod Instruction GuideHere.

First Steps after Buying a D2/D2+

So, you bought a brand new Cowon D2/D2+ Media player - Congratulation on your excellent choice. But before you could truly enjoy your exquisite purchase there are a couple of things you should know, decide and do first.

The first thing you need to know about your new Cowon is what kind of version you actually have. Basically there are two different versions: The D2, also known as a vintage D2, which came into production in 2007, and the D2+ which came into production in 2009 and includes a slightly different exterior design and an improvement of the vintage D2 BBE (a Process that improves digitally compressed sound, such as MP3, by restoring and enhancing the harmonics lost through compression) called BBE+. Other than that the two models are exactly the same, down to the last specification.

Each version comes in several configurations (models) that are unique to specific geographical zones and include exclusive features through hardware or through firmware. In England, for example, the D2 have an added DAB radio, in Japan an added mobile TV, In Korea a Korean English dictionary and flash based skins support, and the international model with the ability to hear Audio books. Each model has its own firmware, recognized by a specific number (ranging between 1.x to 5.x). Naturally, added features obtained by firmware (FW) only can be implemented on other models, thus retaining the new FM features on the expense of the former FM features. The international D2 model, with its 2.x firmware supporting audio books, for example, can be implemented with the Korean 3.x firmware that supports flash based skins - abandoning the ability to hear audio books.

What are the added features in each firmware, what are the relative firmware numbers for each model and on what models you can exchange firmware, are all explained in the 'D2 Firmware Listed and Explained' topic in the guide.

After you have decided what firmware is suitable to your D2/D2+ model (technically and feature like) you'll need to follow these steps:
1) Update the Firmware (FW) to the latest version. Remember: any upload of a firmware will remove every data on your player so it is wise to do it before putting stuff on it or backing up any existing data you might have on it before doing it.

2) Format the external memory (SD card) with the Panasonic Formatting Software. If you havean SD card and you intend to use it as additional memory storage on the D2/D2+ this will improve the start up times of the player operating with it and reduces the chances of database corruption. Do not use Windows to format the memory. Bear in mind that though the Latest Korean firmware (3.59 for the D2 and 3.02 for the D2+, at the moment) has a better support for SDHC cards they are different than the international 2.59 FW (for the D2) and the 2.02 FW (for the D2+) and some people would prefer the later one. Please refer to this page for more info

3) Upgrade/downgrade all your mp3’s to ID3 v2.3 (programs like Mp3Tag and MediaMonkeywill do the job for you, see appendix IV in the guide about how to use MediaMonkey).though It seems that from firmware version .59 (1.59/2.59/3.59) for vintage D2 and 2.02/3.02 for the D2+ Cowon fixed the database corruption (Fixed the booting error when there are some irregular ID3 tags) it is better to 'go safe' and
have the correct tags in order to avoid database corruption and problems with browsing. This could mean following these forms:
  • No tags at all.
  • Have ID3 v2.3 on all your mp3.
  • No special characters as "&%$^@" on some flash skins with embedded browser. Flash skins that don't support these in file/folder names are: Haptic, ultimate, ultimateMOD, Madmans iCowon skin with album art browser (this could be different after an updated version of the skins).
  • No lyrics/No comments.
It is reported that Flac and Ogg media files type shouldn’t embed cover images, so please use cover.jpg file in the folder’s album.

4. Load your music on the D2/D2+ in small batches.... 5 to 10 albums at a time.

This step might not be entirely necessary since the x.59 (for D2)/x.02 (for D2+) firmware handles better "wrong tags" and a lot of users reports that even when using older FW versions they could load as many files as they wanted at the same time as long as they had all their mp3s with the correct tags. Therefore, act by this recommendation only if you encounter problems. After copying 5 to 10 albums to your cowon, Disconnect the D2/D2+ from your computer, start the D2/D2+ and let it update the data base, shut it off and re-connect to the computer and repeat. It takes a few extra minutes to load all your music but you will have less chances of a database corruption.
5) Take your time with the player. Play a lot with the EQ settings and JetEffect settings, with different files, genres etc... When you find the perfect EQ settings for yourself you can have a very satisfying time listening to your music the way you like it.

6) Enjoy your D2/D2+! Note that you can personalize your player with cool themes and flash skins. You can also have games and other flash based applications (you need the correct firmware that supports flash), and more! The guide is divided into three parts; the first chapter includes 'easy to install' flash based widgets. The second includes detailed instructions on how to personalize your player with more advanced features such as maps, themes, dictionary, movies and more. The last chapter includes useful appendixes with information that will ease your search for personalization resources.

7) Did you messed up your D2? Is it bricked? Don't worry, there's a big chance you can fix it. Read the tutorial on "How to Recover a Bricked D2 Using Tcctool" in appendix III of this guide.

Be advised that the only purpose of these suggestions are to give some initial hints to start everything in the right way using your new Cowon D2/D2+. You'll find a lot more info browsing the forum so please refer to this forum for more info…and check all the stickies on all the Cowon D2 boards!

Vampire666
&
GTStriker

This guide will be able to carry itself only if it keeps up-to-date. so please, if you posted a new guide, added a different link, made a file, changed a version, noticed an error or inaccuracy in this instruction guide, or just didn’t understand anything the guide tried to explain, don’t be shy and post your links, files, explanations and guides, and I will update accordantly.

Special thanks for Vampire666, Caz, Wdugarry, Blackviper91 and Opc100 for their continued support, to Dalmane98 and the "big brother" for their acknowledgment of my efforts, and to all of you for transforming my simple D2 mp3 player (with radio) into a useful and gorgeous PMP.

Statement
the Guides/Catalogs/Index that I made are considered 'open source'. If you want to post them on other threads, translate them to other languages, write stuff yourselves in them, write your name in them, you may do so freely on two conditions:
A) You don't change any of the quoted instructions.
B) You preserve the credit given to those who wrote the instructions or made the tools/themes/skins/etc.

Last edited by GTStriker; 04-16-2009 at 18:16..
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24   #4
EddieE
Non-Hierarchical Anti-Establishment Member

Great to have all this info collated in one post, thanks. Will bookmark it.
Old 03-17-2009, 15:10   #5
m21rt
hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone point me to a working TGAtoD2 and D2toTGA download?
Who_am_I's pack insn't working either.
m21rt is offline View m21rt's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 19:16   #6
GotsOJ

That was one monster post. Good work GTStriker
Old 03-18-2009, 03:48   #7
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

This guide will be able to carry itself only if it keeps up-to-date. so please, if you posted a new guide, added a different link, made a file, changed a version, noticed an error or inaccuracy in this instruction guide, or just didn’t understand anything the guide tried to explain, don’t be shy and post your links, files, explanations and guides, and I will update accordantly.

Special thanks for Vampire666, Caz, Wdugarry, Blackviper91 and Opc100 for their continued support, to Dalmane98 and the "big brother" for their acknowledgment of my efforts, and to all of you for transforming my simple D2 mp3 player (with radio) into a useful and gorgeous PMP.

Statement
the Guides/Catalogs/Index that I made are considered 'open source'. If you want to post them on other threads, translate them to other languages, write stuff yourselves in them, write your name in them, you may do so freely on two conditions:
A) You don't change any of the quoted instructions.
B) You preserve the credit given to those who wrote the instructions or made the tools/themes/skins/etc.

Last edited by GTStriker; 04-07-2009 at 02:14..
Thanks from:
Old 03-18-2009, 17:12   #8
doniago
I, Like, Do Stuff Here.

Send a message via ICQ to doniago Send a message via Yahoo to doniago

Do you think you could maybe kill some of the extra white-space in your first post? I know it's going to be huge either way, but I think it would improve the overall look in any case...

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all."
doniago is offline View doniago's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:39   #9
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

^^As he says ....And next time try to break up the Guide in more posts (it is easier to read and link to a particular subject of your guide).

Thanks for your guide! It's nice to have something that has all subjects in one place.

vampire666 is offline View vampire666's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38   #10
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

Reverend Vampire666,

Indeed justice is with you. but, and there is always a but, I didnt want people to undertake endless posts searching through this thread. they can get it all in one place. the thread itself is just a reference for what is out there. the pdf/docx files are the real charm because they include a more comfortable and easy search (page numbers and, in the future, internal text hyperlinks).

If i could I would have implemented internal text hyperlinks to the post itself but I dont know how to do that, if any.

In any case, I'll limit each post to include just six guides topics at a time before opening another one.

next planned guides: how to log into cafe.naver.com and the UCI

Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. it is wildly appreciated.

GTStriker.

Last edited by GTStriker; 03-19-2009 at 07:58..
Thanks from:
Old 03-23-2009, 02:54   #11
wdugarry

Thanks for the great work GTStriker!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05   #12
blackviper91
Flash Developer

Thank you much! The naver instructions and a more easily searchable theme image list were both really nice to have. And the PDF looks really good and professional. Cowon needs to include this with the player!

~Cody
blackviper91 is offline View blackviper91's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:20   #13
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

GTStriker, the effort you put to make the guide is impressive and deserves a big thank you (that's pretty much what I can give )!
Just listing all the flash maps with the corresponding post would be a nightmare for me to do.
Bravo!

vampire666 is offline View vampire666's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 13:42   #14
WAI
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to WAI Send a message via Yahoo to WAI

GT, it's great to see your Thread got pinned but still i feel this is unneeded. i have my reasons. please understand everyone.
+ READ the Disclaimer Notice.Thanks!
Link to All COWON Products includes: Firmware/Manuals/logos (Unable to access them without Login)
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter
WAI is offline View WAI's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 15:01   #15
GTStriker
knowledge codifier

Reverend Who Am I?
First, let me start by saying that I have the outmost respect for you and for your work.
Second, I started this thread just to spare the endless and exhausting post/thread searching a new D2/D2+ comer has to deal with otherwise (and to make an order to the overwhelming data a new comer is introduced to). Indeed this thread has no right to exist for veterans of the D2 since most of the things had been posted long time ago by others including yourself. Unfortunately the D2+ release means dozens of new comers searching for 'how to make a dictionary' post and I wanted to help.
Nevertheless, I respect your opinion even if it's contradictory to mine and I'm sure that your reasons didn’t originate from a whim.
I must admit that after our 'PM discussion' I started thinking that maybe I'll ask just to post the finished guide in someone's sticky but it seems someone decided otherwise (luckily for me).

Third, thanks for the wishes.
GT