(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance
Join Date: Jan 2011
hybrid shure\monster tips for ue10's
enzyme tip recipe
i tried most of the major brand tips and could never find a balance of audio quality, comfort, long term fit.
so i got my tools out and went to work (pics to follow shortly).
please read this guide thoroughly, understand the time,care and speed needed to complete each step and use at your own risk, work on one tip at a time whilst gluing, and if you damage your headphones or glue your ear shut i honestly wont care.
one pair of shure olive foam tips (small)
one pair of monster supertips (small or medium)
gel type superglue for plastics\rubber (the longer the work\handling time the better, too fast and the foam doesnt have time to expand onto the innertube properly, 5mins minimum)
1. take the pair of shure olive foams
2. carefully peel off the foam starting with the listening end (most are badly glued and peel off the plastic innertube easily,scratch with fingernail for stubborn bits) and set aside, discarding the plastic innertube.
3. take your monster supertips
4. peel the foam from the supertips starting with the headphone end
(again these should peel off fairly easily) set aside and discard the foam.
5. cut 1mm of rubber from the headphone end of the innertube
(allows a better fit to the ue10 listening tube and increases audio clarity)
6.carefully apply a thin layer of olive oil onto the chunky part of the headphones (at the point from where the listening tube extends) and approx 1mm onto the listening tube.
(this will stop the glue adhering to the headphone itself, whie allowing the foam to expand properly into position)
1. insert innertube onto the headphone, making sure the outer surface of the innertube is free from olive oil.
2. apply a very thin layer of glue to the innertube (less is best more is a mess, remember you now have approx 2 mins to comlete the next 2 steps, any longer will result in deformed badly fitting foam).
3. push foam onto the innertube over the little ridge at the listening end of the innertube and into a central position
(twist, pick, pluck at foam so it expands evenly, the headphone end should remain flat and not be curved inward, the listening end should expand slightly over the edge of the innertubes hearing end ridge)
6. hold innertube snuggly onto the headphone by pressing on the hearing end for a few minutes while glue takes hold.
7. allow to dry for recommended time.
8. remove tips and clean off olive oil.
9. re-apply modded tips
10. give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done and proceed to enjoying the comfort clarity, bass response, security, lower volume level and longer battery life provided by your enzyme hybrid tips.
"Space Travels in my blood, there ain't nothing I can do about it" - The Only Ones
|moder, tips, ue10, ue10's, ultimate ears|