iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > iAudio E2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2009, 00:57   #1
jolo10
Promoter of Open Source

Thumb Up The E2, how does it work ?

I am looking at the E2. It appears to be very reasonably priced, very cool looking and plays FLAC and Ogg Vorbis. Just that, allows the audio quality to be superior to any Apple/Microsoft Ipod (or Ipuss as I prefer to call these proprietary, mediocre toys).

I read through the E2 manual online and I cannot figure out how
one can scan through ones audio collection without any window.

On my D2 and IAudio U# and my PC, I have my music filed by:
Artist ---> Album (or CD) ----> Song.
I put my song names as track number(two digits), underline, then track name.
In this way, there are always ordered the way I want them to be, under the CD folder.

If filed in this way, how can I scan through and select a particular artist or CD, etc ??

Lastly, if there is no hold button, wouldn't any movement affect it ??

Thanks,

Jon
jolo10 is offline View jolo10's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2009, 06:45   #2
EddieE
Non-Hierarchical Anti-Establishment Member

I gave one of these to my girl friend for Christmas so have a little experience of it.

It's a shuffle device, you can't select tracks by choice, just turn shuffle on and off. It's basically a playlist in a keyring. Folder structure could be useful in helping you get the order of your playlist right, as could leading the file names with numbering without folders.

I don't think the lack of a hold button will affect it, the buttons aren't easily mis-pressed. A small square of sticking plaster coloured black with a permanent marker (if your unit is black) and placed on one of the sides will be handy, as the buttons on either side are identical to the touch.

On the whole I found this to be a nice little toy, and the girl friend loved it, but it remains a bit of a toy.

The audio quality is fine at room-listening levels, but for a commute? The bass distorts when you go over a certain volume unfortunately.

This is where a little amp like an E5 might have a legitimate function beyond saving battery life and giving a bass-boost.

I've bought her one and will see if that solves the problem when I get back to London.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:10   #3
jolo10
Promoter of Open Source

Thumb Up

I understand that the E2 looks and is, a cool, little toy, but it does support Ogg Vorbis and FLAC.

Getting back to what you mentioned, I can't conceive of listening to a portable audio player that plays music in a totally random manner.

With the organization of folders, like I mentioned (Artist --> Album --> song name, that starts with the track number as a two digit number).
I wonder if I can somehow control the order ?

Thanks,

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
I gave one of these to my girl friend for Christmas so have a little experience of it.

It's a shuffle device, you can't select tracks by choice, just turn shuffle on and off. It's basically a playlist in a keyring. Folder structure could be useful in helping you get the order of your playlist right, as could leading the file names with numbering without folders.

I don't think the lack of a hold button will affect it, the buttons aren't easily mis-pressed. A small square of sticking plaster coloured black with a permanent marker (if your unit is black) and placed on one of the sides will be handy, as the buttons on either side are identical to the touch.

On the whole I found this to be a nice little toy, and the girl friend loved it, but it remains a bit of a toy.

The audio quality is fine at room-listening levels, but for a commute? The bass distorts when you go over a certain volume unfortunately.

This is where a little amp like an E5 might have a legitimate function beyond saving battery life and giving a bass-boost.

I've bought her one and will see if that solves the problem when I get back to London.
jolo10 is offline View jolo10's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 17:00   #4
plonter

I had no clue that this is how the ipod shuffle works...I thought there is a way to switck tracks as one like to. I don't understand why any serious audiphile will want to go for this kind of shuffling player.
the only thing I like about it is the look,super portable indeed,like the clip+.
plonter is offline View plonter's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 20:23   #5
paulr

Based on the review it looks like you have your choice of shuffling or playing the tracks in order. I used a screenless player with a 512MB SD card for a while and it was nice, sort of like a cassette walkman but a fraction of the size and with capacity equivalent to a half dozen or so 90 minute tapes. I think 2gb might get to be a bit much to navigate without a display, but maybe the folder navigation and voice prompts help. I don't feel interested in the E2 myself (I have several refurb Sansa Clips for when I want tiny players) but the E2 looks like a cute little player that has been well-received by users interested in that sort of thing.
paulr is offline View paulr's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 14:53   #6
Peaceful1
.....silence.....

Send a message via Yahoo to Peaceful1

guys does the E2 reads the track name or gives you any clue of what your doing,(no changes in newer firmwars?!)

my ROCKBOX is --->clip+ed-clip ed-Fuze ed-D2+ed
Fiio E3-FiioE5-FiioE7
AKG 518DJ,AKG 340,MDR-Q68 Black,EP-630,Cowon CE1
Peaceful1 is offline View Peaceful1's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:52   #7
Nippur

Nope, no track name reading. It only plays a sound when you change directory...oh and it tells you what BBE setting you have set.
Nippur is offline View Nippur's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: