iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > iAudio E2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2010, 10:47   #1
lammaz

Default E2 problem - silence..

As Cowon products are not sold here, i had to order it from Korea..
Now, player seems to disfunction.

Syptoms:
If i have more than certain unidentified amount of songs on this device by pressing forward button everything stops. I verified that player is still on but not reacting to any buttons nor playing music. Player is on because i can hear static when removing earphone cord.
Only reset will help and then everything seems to be normal starting the playlist song saved for itself.
This DOES NOT happen pressing any other button but only Forward one (which is next to on/off button). And not at any time - sometimes it lets me forward about 2-3 songs, sometimes i can forward them more.
Sometimes it also stops playing when the song has played to the end, so by itself it does not cut off randomly, but only at the end of the song... This doesnt have to be the first song, but it can happen during the next or even third one, but no more than 5 are played. Then same symptoms.. no feedback again.

This must be a software/firmware problem, because having 2 songs and possibly a bit more it is not problematic.
I tried different audio files and verified that none was defective..

As i bought it from eBay i have no real warranty and even if seller agrees to take it back, it costs me probably for 1/4 to send it there and in time about a month.

I just came to complain.. i hope you understand how frustrated i must be..

Last edited by lammaz; 01-13-2010 at 17:06..
lammaz is offline View lammaz's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-12-2010, 12:22   #2
dooood
nop

wow, bummer! a few questions tho:

i. what d'you mean by "unidentified amount of songs"?
ii. what kind of music files are you talking about? flac, mp3, m4a, ogg?
iii. (slightly off-topic) where are you that they don't sell cowon products? Antarctica?

i hope it's a minor fw issue and your E2 isn't really broken.
iAudio M3 (20GB - Silver) - May- 2005-Jul.2007 (R.I.P.
as ext. HD)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

AAAHHH! A KILLER BUNNY IS RAPING ME!!!
dooood is offline View dooood's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32   #3
lammaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooood View Post
wow, bummer! a few questions tho:

i. what d'you mean by "unidentified amount of songs"?
ii. what kind of music files are you talking about? flac, mp3, m4a, ogg?
iii. (slightly off-topic) where are you that they don't sell cowon products? Antarctica?

i hope it's a minor fw issue and your E2 isn't really broken.
i. I meant the nubmer of songs from which problem starts. As i said, with few songs on device, there seems to be no problem. Now i have about 10 songs and still no malfunction. As it happes randomly, i cant think that one songfile could cause it to "crash".
ii. FLAC and mp3.
iii. No Cowon vendor would import this companys products to Estonia which population is 1.6 million. iPod, and other players are more common here and one new brand wouldnt break the sick mentality of Apple´s products unfortunately.

Firmware problem or not, i am not able to fix it as there is no updated firware as Cowon does not supply it.
So, i just have to start collecting money again But i aim higher, this time D2 maybe.

Last edited by lammaz; 01-13-2010 at 17:07..
Old 01-13-2010, 13:12   #4
dooood
nop

i guess you'll have to experiment a little: try to see which song your E2 crashes on next, and see what file type it is. i've read elsewhere on this forum, that cowon players have known issues with flac files, but i'm not sure. i can't think of any other possible cause (apart from hardware) for your problem, sry.
iAudio M3 (20GB - Silver) - May- 2005-Jul.2007 (R.I.P.
as ext. HD)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

AAAHHH! A KILLER BUNNY IS RAPING ME!!!
dooood is offline View dooood's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 14:57   #5
lammaz

To experiment with each song i would go mad..
It does it even if all files are mp3, but it can play decently about 1-15 files.
As i said, it does crash or get silent totally randomly.
All files have been used on D2, YP-P2 and some other players i have owned through time, so it can`t be a file corruption..
Im desperate and very sceptical about buying d2...

Also i noticed, that when it gets silent, green light continues blinking meaning it IS ON, but with no sound - button feedback is silent also.
Anyway, if seller refuses to replace it or give refund i`ll just smash it and start collecting money again

Edit: somehow now, when loaded with lots of FLAC-s (tested about 6 and no go there..), device is showing constant green light and no response. I think it might address files or something, but it seems endless with more than ca 6 FLAC-s.

Last edited by lammaz; 01-13-2010 at 17:06..
Old 01-27-2010, 03:11   #6
Dream9
Banned

Mine crashed with wma files - I had a few on there that exceeded 320 (strange that every other player could play them) - so I removed them and now have 31 albums, 498 songs all mp3.

No issues with crashing/freezing at all now.
Dream9 is offline View Dream9's Photo Album   Reply With Quote