I have a few
.. I simply refuse to believe a high end product such as this will not allow multitudinous media streaming methods. I have seen other streaming questions here but not these specific flavors so... I'm selling the concept to myself that I'll be getting a cool FLAC player that can function as in-car GPS. Two in one if you will. I was originally considering the D2 until I saw the GPS cradle. Now I have some video concerns. And some GPS questions not answered in any
- can it read title/artist info from FLAC?
- please provide H.264 (x.264) performance since MPEG-4 AVC containers are 'all the rage' and will soon replace internettty xvid containers.
- how easy is it to mount- and stream from samba shares? (inside lan) for music? for video?
- other lan share methods? (as with XBMC)
- plays well with home NAS?
- Can the Q5W stream FLAC from a samba share on my NAS using WPA2 TKIP PSK (or AES)?
- The GPS docking, by the image, appears to provide interesting car stereo integration, but since I'll be using FLAC almost exclusively FM transmission is a little lame. It needs an easy option to wire into car stereo -- something I'll brute force if necessary.
- I'd like a much much more detailed GPS review:
-- *which* SiRFstarIII chipset?
-- route recalculation speed (for driving past marks) with verbal cues
-- sat acquisition speed
-- dead reckoning?
-- avoid toll/highways/surface streets
-- responsiveness when music and GPS are in use
-- real-time traffic options. free vs subscription
-- can sound be piped to bluetooth devices?
- map granularity?
I live in the USA on the west coast
- in addition to buying the cradle will I also have to purchase one of the three region maps (another $200) as vaguely implied on the jetmall page?
- map integration via internet?
- jetmall sells 2yr extended warranties. worth it?
- know which brand hard drive is in the 60 gig flavor?
- can it be BT paired with my motorola phone to hop on the internet? (naturally you don't have my phone)
questions I had, have seen in the forums, but will them
leave here to respark
- Since this is CE 5 (pro?) can *other* brand GPS applications be used with the device and dock? without hacking? (for better traffic options)
- can I stream video or audio across the internet? from my home network?
-- best server app?
^ I use an Xbox (not 360) as my media center and there's a few PC apps that can stream video to the xbox instead of using samba shares. Know of something similar for CE?
-- if it supports flash can it handle FLV streams via SWF front end?
-- can it handle JAVA player streaming?
thanks in advance